Unknown Facts About Al Jazeera:
Al Jazeera (Arabic: الجزيرة, romanized: al-jazīrah, literally "The Island", referring to the Arabian Peninsula in context) is a Qatari government-funded international Arabic news channel based in Doha, Qatar, that is operated by the media conglomerate Al Jazeera Media Network.
Al Jazeera Worldwide News Channel Fact Sheet
Channel Search Volume: 368,000
Broadcast area: Worldwide
Language(s): Arabic, English
Parent: Al Jazeera Media Network
Sister channels: Al Jazeera English
Al Jazeera Mubasher
Al Jazeera Balkans
Al Jazeera Documentary Channel
Launched: 1 November 1996; 24 years ago
Former names: Jazeera Satellite Channel
No. Of Employees: 3,000
Visit Website: www.aljazeera.net
Phone: +974 4489 7666
App for windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/al-jazeera/9wzdncrfj08m?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Female Anchors: Dareen Abughaida, Verónica Pedrosa, Divya Gopalan
Male Anchors: Richard Gizbert, Barnaby Phillips, Tony Harris
Anchors Salaries: $51,638 per year
Political Reporters: Jamie Tarabay
- In March 2003, Al Jazeera was awarded by Index on Censorship for its "courage in circumventing censorship and contributing to the free exchange of information in the Arab world."
- In April 2004, the Webby Awards nominated Al Jazeera as one of the five best news Web sites, along with BBC News, National Geographic, RocketNews and The Smoking Gun. According to Tiffany Shlain, the founder of the Webby Awards, this caused a controversy as [other media organisations] "felt it was a risk-taking site".
- In 2004, Al Jazeera was voted by brandchannel.com readers as the fifth most influential global brand behind Apple Computer, Google, IKEA and Starbucks.
- In January 2013, Al Jazeera was nominated for the Responsible Media of the Year award at the British Muslim Awards.
- In 2019 Al Jazeera Investigations Unit won the Walkley Awards for "Scoop of the Year".
Newsletter Subscribe: https://www.aljazeera.com/newsletter
Covid 19 Update: https://www.aljazeera.com/tag/coronavirus-pandemic/
Review: 275 votes
Rating: 3.7 out of 5