Small Satellites 2021, set to take place online as a virtual conference on 26th – 27th April 2021, will explore a range of issues surrounding the LEO/GEO small, cube and nano-satellite market, such as regulations, insurance for space missions, rapid prototyping and more.
The conference will also host two presentations dedicated to space data, in order to better understand raw data and create a more accurate picture of the space environment, highlighting topics such as how to make sense of big data sets, networking and security in space, and more:
1) Data, Networking and Security in Space
- On demand space infrastructure – providing LEO enabled data relay, storage and computation
- Timelines for the constellation: Launching alpha network in Q4 2019, commercial network to be available in 2020
- Networking and network security – multi-nodes for mission assurance
Mr Tyler Diaz, CEO, Stara Space
2) Enabling Access to New Data Sets: Analysis in the Small Satellites Environment
- The UK space and technology landscape: driving economic growth through commercialisation of new satellite services
- Energising the market, empowering technology and enabling business – Satellite Catapult’s 2018-2023 plan for space growth
- What proliferation of LEO small satellites means for future data analysis and how to make sense of the big data sets provided
- Delivering projects to support national growth through space enabled data collection
Dr Chris Brunskill, Head of Access to Space, Satellite Applications Catapult
Attendanc to Small Satellites 2021 is free for military and government personnel – registrations can be made at http://www.small-satellites.com/1888pr10.
Ahead of the event, SMi Group caught up with conference speaker Dr Chris Brunskill to discuss his work at Satellite Applications Catapult, future innovations in small satellites and how it incorporates various space innovations in the UK.
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network.